Friday, March 7, 2008

Interesting Timing

Last night while I wrote yesterday's blog about the abundance of guns here in Jerusalem, someone entered a Yeshiva school (a Jewish Religious School) and killed eight teenage boys. I received the news this morning from some of you who were concerned about what happened.
Although the school is fairly close (3 miles?) we were not aware of the incident and with the exception of an even greater military presence in the city, we do not feel the effects of this tragedy.

I will leave you with the words from a Chief Rabbi who spoke at the memorial services today,

"We will not be cruel at this hour when we are faced with such a wide crisis, and we will rise up to cast away strife; to further increase torah study."

If this attitude prevails, hope is on the horizon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for your family. I am glad you are safe.

Melis

Rich said...

I'm glad you guys are safe. I read it on NPR and Al Jazeera (for a good bias perspective) and it got me praying for you guys. Once again glad your safe.

I response from the Rabbi is encouraging.

Mike said...

I was wondering about the post and silence on the attack. Funny how a person can be 'next' to an event and miss it. Glad you are safe.