Friday, January 11, 2008

Away

As much as I have learned to appreciate our time here in Israel, and as many lessons as I feel we are learning, it does not change the simple fact that some days it is very hard to be away. It seems that for some reason, many of our friends in the States are going through some of the most difficult times in their lives. Friends and family that we love are fighting for their marriages. Our son's best friend (who is 5) is fighting for his life right now. This is heartbreaking for me and makes it very hard for me to be away. We have friends who are struggling in faith, friends who have been hurt, or are being hurt and beat down emotionally by people they should be able to trust. This makes it hard for me to be away. I want to be home, where I can hold these friends. Where I can pray with them face to face. I want to shed tears on his bedside and not from Israel, from so far away. I dont know why the God who gives us such a love in in our hearts for people, or gives us such a longing to be near people, also sends us away. I trust that God is "near to the brokenhearted, and saves those who are crushed in spirit (Ps 34:18)." I know that he is with my friends. And I know that he is here with us in Israel. But today, knowing that doesn't make it easier to be away.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I praise God that we have this opportunity to communicate. I wish you could be here to support all of the hurting people and know that even though you are not here physically we know you are here with each one of us at one moment or another. The prayers you pray are the most precious thing you can be doing for anyone. I know you have heard that and that does not make it easier for you (I am sorry) Please know that I am praying for you too at this difficult time.

xoxo
Melissa

kiley said...

we love you and miss you. Though you are not here through these times you are just an email away. I know that doesn't make it any easier but just keep praying.I know that is one off the many gifts God has given you. That's how He works!